© 2019 St. Vincent and the Grenadines National Trust
The St. Vincent & the Grenadines National Trust

The Curator's House at the Botanic Gardens

The Botanic Gardens, opened in 1765, is the oldest of its kind in the Western Hemisphere. The Curator's House, dating from 1891, has a beautiful verandah at its front with benches for relaxing. The curator, or supervisor, was generally a local man who looked after the day-to-day running of the Botanic Gardens, reporting to the Ministry of War in Britain. Today, the curator’s house is used as an exhibition space and for special events. Currently, there is a special exhibition on breadfruit. Don’t miss: • The breadfruit tree that is a sucker from the original crop of 530 breadfruit brought by the infamous Captain William Bligh in 1793.
© 2019 St. Vincent & the Grenadines National Trust
The St. Vincent & the Grenadines National Trust

The Curator's House

at the Botanic Gardens

The Botanic Gardens, opened in 1765, is the oldest of its kind in the Western Hemisphere. The Curator's House, dating from 1891, has a beautiful verandah at its front with benches for relaxing. The curator, or supervisor, was generally a local man who looked after the day-to-day running of the Botanic Gardens, reporting to the Ministry of War in Britain. Today, the curator’s house is used as an exhibition space and for special events. Currently, there is a special exhibition on breadfruit. Don’t miss: • The breadfruit tree that is a sucker from the original crop of 530 breadfruit brought by the infamous Captain William Bligh in 1793.